Taapsee Pannu says Gandhari brings a different kind of rage and emotion: “This was way more emotional for me to attempt in action”
Taapsee Pannu is set to return to the action genre with her upcoming film Gandhari. Directed by Devashish Makhija and written by Kanika Dhillon, the action thriller centres on a mother’s determination to protect her daughter.
The film marks Taapsee’s return to action after Baby and Naam Shabana. Speaking about what prompted her to take up another action project, Taapsee explained that she wanted the film to offer something beyond the genre itself.
Taapsee said, “And Gandhari itself, I think, when I had always told her, looking forward to doing action again after Naam Shabana and Baby, it's just that I want to, the stakes should be higher. It should be better, is why I should attempt action again, not just because it's the flavor of the season. I did that way before action became the, you know, the flavor of the season genre, the spy became the flavor of the season. I did it long back. I don't want to repeat myself. I'll just do, I'll do it when I feel the stakes are higher, there's something beautiful for me to step into, and that's when Gandhari was a story in her mind. She didn't even have, like, a full fleshed-out script when she narrated this to me, but this is the idea I have. This is the basic storyline”
Taapsee also highlighted the emotional aspect of Gandhari, saying that the character’s motivation makes the action different from her previous roles. The actor noted that fighting for a child carries a different emotional weight compared with fighting as part of a mission or profession.
“And when she saw that I'm interested to step into, like, because this is a different kind of rage, or a different kind of emotion that you have to put in use when you're fighting for your daughter versus when you're probably fighting for as a job or, you know, like a mission. That's a different flavor altogether. So this was way more emotional for me to attempt in action. This is not just action; it's got a lot of emotional action attached.”
With Gandhari, Taapsee is exploring an action-driven story rooted in a mother-daughter relationship. The film brings together action and personal stakes, with the central character driven by her determination to protect her daughter.
Also Read : EXCLUSIVE: Taapsee Pannu on her motivation for staying fit, “I want to be able to eat the food I love”
from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/Rir2Kvl
Comments
Post a Comment